We all know how frustrating it is when you are relaxing and plan to watch your favorite movie online, but at the end, you have to deal with buffering because KODI says cache full. Don’t worry! We got this for you. Before proceeding further, we would like to brief you with some of the basic terminologies.
Also Check: How To Jailbreak Firestick?
Types Of Caches In KODI
- Cache- It is basically a temporary data that is put away on a gadget with the goal that it can get the information quicker than you. Types of KODI cache:
- Video Cache- It is nothing but cache which is used to for playing back videos via Internet or local network. By default, RAM for video cache is about 60MB.
- Add-On Cache- KODI add-ons might have their own cache. Some add-ons use it to support video cache while other does not.
- Android Application Cache- This is one of the most common cache. To clear this, go to SettingsàApplication ManageràOpen the app you are looking foràStorageàClear Cache.
- Image Cache- It is assumed that everyone knows what an Image thumbnail is. The image thumbnail generally varies between 500kb to 5MB in size, based on the resolution. You get image thumbnail not only from the pictures but also from music and videos which are there on your device.
- Temp Files- Just like our PC, even KODI has Temporary files from ZIP installation or some old add-on.
Related Articles: KODI Web Request Failed Error Fix
Steps To Fix KODI Cache
- First of all, you need to install the add-on ‘Easy Advance Settings’. To manually download the add-on, visit: http://bit.ly/1W45shx
- Once you have downloaded the particular add-on, open it.
- Navigate to Edit Settings and eventually to Network Settings.
- Now you have to click on Networks again.
- Now you are supposed to change cachemembuffersize, buffermode, and readbufferfactor.
- First, click on cachemembuffersize and enter the value as 139460608 and hit done.
- Now click on buffermode and set the value to 1.
- Finally, set readbufferfactor to 20.
- Once you are done with it, go back to the main setting page of the ‘Easy Advance Settings’ add-on and navigate to ‘List enabled settings’
- The above step is to make sure that whatever changes we have made is applied successfully.
- Now again go back to main setting page and click on ‘Write XML File’
- Once you have done it, you will get a message prompted on the bottom right-hand side of the screen as ‘Easy Advance Settings File Created’.
- It is expected that your buffering issue is resolved now, and you can enjoy your favorite movie seamlessly.
- Please note, the following settings are ideal for devices with 1GB Ram. For other Android devices and Amazon Firestick devices.
We hope our article was able to deliver all the necessary information. We would love to hear your thoughts. So comment down below for any queries, doubts or suggestions. Feel free to share this article with your family and loved ones. Keep visiting our blog for more informative articles. Related Articles: Fix Failed To Install Dependency Error In KODI