Most all of us might have faced the ‘Your connection is not private’ while using Google Chrome browser. The reason behind this error is because of the connection to that particular site is unsecured. Another reason could be because your connection is not private or not secure.
Do not worry, because in today’s article we will tell you the reason behind such errors and how to fix it. We recommend you to read until the end of the article and gain complete knowledge about such error.
- 1 Explanation Of ‘Your Connection Is Not Private’ Error
- 2 Fix ‘Your Connection Is Not Private’ Error On PC
- 3 Fix ‘Your Connection Is Not Private’ Error On Android
- 4 Conclusion
Explanation Of ‘Your Connection Is Not Private’ Error
The reason behind ‘Your connection is not private’ error or ‘Net:: ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID’ is because of Secure Sockets Layer(SSL) error. To secure and prevent the data and information entered by you, SSL is used by websites. The SSL error prevents internet connection to load the pages on Chrome browser securely.
The reason behind SSL errors could be numerous, but to name a few:
- Certificate not issued by trusted association: Certificate creation is not last employment, anybody can without much of a stretch make SSL declaration. That is the reason Google Chrome inspects to see whether a site’s endorsement originated from a legitimate source or not. On the off chance that the site’s declaration is not distinguished from a trusted association at that point Google Chrome cannot give the entrance.
- The site’s certificate is not updated: The site’s testament is not state-of-the-art: in the event that, the site’s declaration is from a trusted source yet not avant-garde from quite a while then Google Chrome cannot confirm that the site is as yet secure and private.
- The unsecured connection between the browser and the website: The association between the browser and the site will not be secure: Sometimes, it occurs because of the unsecured mix of the Internet association between the program and the site.
Related Articles How To Install KODI On Xbox 360/One?
Fix ‘Your Connection Is Not Private’ Error On PC
In this article, we will guide you about different methods which you must follow to fix the error. Once the issue is fixed, you could again access the pages smoothly.
Method 1: Update Date And Time
The most significant reason behind SSL error is because of incorrect date and time. So this method asks you to re-check your date and time of your computer and rectify it if any error is there. Once amended, the issue will be resolved.
Method 2: Disabling Antivirus
You must be aware that sometimes antivirus block specific website’s security certificate and as a consequence, you face the error. So the best way to bypass this is by disabling the HTTPS/SSL scanning. After temporarily turning off the antivirus, the error should be fixed. Once done, undo the settings you just did.
Method 3: Reset Google Chrome
If the above two methods were a failure for you, then you must clear the data and finally reset the Chrome browser. This will mostly help you in fixing the ‘Your connection is not private’ error.
- Open Chrome browser. Go to Settings and choose ‘Show advance’ Go to ‘Clear browsing data’ located under ‘Privacy options.’ If it does not work, reset it.
- Open Chrome browser. Go to Settings and choose ‘Show advance’ Go to Reset settings’ and click on ‘Reset button.’
Method 4: Navigate To Site
If you are sure about the connection to the site you are attempting to access is secure, and you do not wish to follow any of the above methods, then you can perform the following steps:
- Open the site.
- Click on ‘Advance’ link to proceed.
- Click on ‘Proceed to <website link>(unsafe)’ link.
Related Articles How To Fix KODI No Stream Available?
Method 5: Prevent Warning Message
We recommend you to use this method only if you are sure about the connection to the site you are attempting to access is secure. If you have made your mind to prevent the warning message, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- In the address bar, type chrome://flags and hit Enter.
- Scroll down and locate ‘Remember decisions to proceed through SSL errors for a specified length of time’ option.
- Once located, select your preferred setting from the drop-down list.
- Next time you receive the ‘Your connection is not private’ error select ‘Advance’ link and ‘Proceed to <website link>(unsafe)’ link.
- Once done, you will not receive the error message for the selected period.
Fix ‘Your Connection Is Not Private’ Error On Android
The methodology to fix ‘Your connection is not private’ error on Google Chrome Browser on Android devices is similar to one the one explained above. If you carefully follow every method, you will not face the same error on your Android gadget.
In this manner, you can perceive how basic is to settle “Your connection is not private” error in Google Chrome browser. Apply these strategies one by one on your Computer, and your Android device let us know which approach worked greatly well for you.
Do not hesitate to tell us utilizing the remark area beneath on the off chance that you have another supportive fix for ‘Your connection is not private.’