Are you fed of Spotify being open on startup? Then you have reached the right place because, in today’s article, we will be explaining you specific steps which will help you fix this.
Methods To Fix Spotify Auto-Startup
Method 1– Please note that this method will work only on Windows OS.
- First of all, go to the taskbar menu (Ctrl+Shift+Esc)
- In the ‘Startup’ tab, locate Spotify and right click on it.
- Hit Disable, and you are good to go.
Method 2- This method will work on both Windows and Mac OS.
- First of all, open Spotify.
- In Windows OS, choose ‘Edit’ and then ‘Preference.’ If you are using MacOS, then choose ‘Spotify’ and then ‘Preference.’
- Locate and select ‘Show Advanced Settings’ and go to ‘Startup and Windows Behavior’ section.
- Hit ‘No’ for ‘Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer’ setting.
- Voila! You have successfully stopped Spotify from opening on startup.
The setting explained in Method 2 will be saved once selected. We hope that now you would not be facing a problem, where Spotify starts itself. In case your Spotify start from a web-page, disable ‘SpotifyWebHelper’ by turning off the ‘Allow Spotify to be started from the Web.’ You could quickly follow this, by the reference of Method 2. If you face any issues in any of the above-explained methods, reach out to us, and we will be happy to help you. In case you haven’t checked our article on cracking Spotify premium for free, make sure you go through it once.