You might sometimes see an error on KODI ‘Web Request Failed’. The possible reason behind this error is when you access live streams. The simplest fix for this is to enable RTMP on KODI. Don’t worry, just follow the procedure below to fix playback failed on KODI.
- From the home screen, click on Add-ons. You might find add-ons under Settings.
- Choose My Add-ons and navigate to the VideoPlayer InputStream
- Choose the RTMP Input option and enable it.
- If InputStream Adaptive is not allowed, make sure you enable it.
- Voila! You are good to go.
RTMP is a protocol that works in the backend of KODI to make an interpretation of web video content into an arrangement that KODI can read and playback. As a matter of course, KODI 17 cripples RTMP naturally, so you will get this “Web Request Failed” KODI blunder when you attempt to observe live streams from add-ons. You might even encounter an error such as Sportsdevil not working, but hopefully, this guide would help you to fix it.