You might be surprised to know that if you own one of ZGEMMA device you may not know that you can get to and control your gadget from KODI. This is quite basic and snappy to setup and will open up an entire bundle of choices for you. Here you will find a complete guide to help you install KODI on ZGemma H2S.
Requirements To Setup ZGEMMA
- A Fixed IP on zGemma
- Proper setup of OpenWeb
- Installing PVR in KODI and its configuration
Fixed IP on zGemma
As the name suggests, this step will require you to setup a fixed IP on zGemma. This might vary from device to device because of different skins, which users have on their device. It’s not a rocket science. All you have to do is look for network settings, and set a fixed IP address. To do so, perform the steps mentioned below:
- Open Device System
- Choose Network
- Click on Device Setup
- Choose Adapter settings
You are now supposed to set up DHCP. This will require you to know and enter the details of the fixed setup. You need to be careful about not choosing the same address, as that of the same device as it will not work smoothly. For help, you could check the list of connected devices on your router. Now the procedure will guide you to setup the network interface. You are expected to read the guide systematically and follow every instruction properly.
- IP Address- 192.168.1.xxx
- Netmask -255.255.255.0
- Gateway (this is your router IP address)
- Sky 192.168.0.1
- Virgin 192.168.0.1
- BT 192.168.1.254
- Plusnet 192.168.1.254
- EE 192.168.1.1
- Talk Talk 192,168.1.1
- DNS- You might opt the default settings for your ISP or you may use the following options:
- Google 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199
- Open DNS 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206
Proper Setup of Openweb
This is the simplest step of this module. All you have to do is download the Open Web Plugin and install it. Just do not tweak any settings and accept the default settings.
Installing PVR In KODI & its Configuration
- Open System
- Choose TV
- Click on Enabled
You will get an error, ‘PVR manager enabled with no PVR enabled’, enable at least one PVR Client. Make sure you check the “Disable ‘connection lost’ warnings. Proceed to the “PVR Clients” section now. Follow the next three steps only if you already had a PVR enabled for an m3u list or you have a paid subscription.
- Choose Add-ons and further My Add-ons
- Select PVR clients
- Choose VU+/Enigma2 Client
Linux Users Only
You should include PVR clients manually. This will produce a screen like this, which will require your confirmation to install. Now you can begin KODI and continue the process. Make sure to enable the enigma PVR client.
Enable & Configure PVR Client (All Users)
- Select Enable and click on configure.
You will now encounter with different PVR screens and we will brief you about each one of them. Perform the following steps as mentioned in each screen.
- Set IP Address from earlier
- Update Interval in minutes
- Channels– We advise you to enable “Fetch only one TV bouquet” option, as it will not load every channel and save you trouble.
- Advanced- On this screen, you are required to enter the username; this is set to root, by default. We advise you to select “Use only the DVB boxes current recording path” to avoid any confusion.
Once the update is completed, navigate to the home screen. You will now notice a new tab enabled.
- Channels- It is nothing but a list of channels in the EPG.
- Guide- You will find the EPG information for every channel.
- Recordings- Here you will get a list of the recordings made on the device, which you access through KODI. You will also find the list of programs you have set to record, under this tab.
- Search- Using this feature you will be able to find every activity in the coming 7 days
So there you have it, an incredible approach to get TV to each room with a KODI assistance. Enjoy your access to your favorite TV recording, anywhere. Hope we are able to successfully deliver the necessary information regarding the zgemma KODI plugin.