Amid the most recent few years, Chromebooks turned out to be progressively favorite gadgets. In the beginning, Chromebooks were known at its cost-friendly price. This is not the administer any longer since you can locate some efficient devices fueled by the most recent age of processors and graphics – which includes some significant downfalls. What this likewise implies is that Chromebooks are more than equipped for running KODI and playing top quality films. This is the motivation behind why we needed to disclose to you how to introduce KODI on Chromebook PCs. We are sure a significant number of you will appreciate in what this application brings to the table.
As you presumably know, only one out of every odd Chromebook is the same. There are distinctive models and setups accessible, which likewise implies there are diverse approaches to install KODI on Chromebook. Try not to stress; this guide can be utilized for any model – regardless of on the off chance that you approach Google Play Store or not. We will be making you through each stride of the way.
Install KODI on Chromebook via Google Play Store
What you have to know is that KODI offers an undeniable Android application. This implies you can install KODI on Android and run it locally on your PC. Furthermore, you can go without much of a stretch update it and have the entrance to the most recent version constantly.
In the event that you approach Google Play Store on your PC, here are the means by which to install KODI on Chromebook:
- The first thing you are required to do is open the Google Play Store on your device.
- In the search box type ‘KODI’. Once you see the results download the official one, developed by XBMC foundation.
- Once the download is complete, you could access it among the installed applications.
Alternative Methods To Install KODI On Chromebook
The capacity to download Android applications on Chromebook PC is saved for fresher models. We are satisfied that a considerable lot of you do not approach the Google Play Store. Notwithstanding, this does not imply that your PC cannot run KODI. Instead, you only should be more imaginative to influence this application to run. Keep following the guide and make a point to follow every step mentioned.
Step 1: Update Your Chromebook
In the first place, we have to ensure you are running the most recent variant of your Chromebook’s OS (Chrome OS). Despite the fact that your Chromebook consequently downloads new updates, it is insightful to check for updates physically. This is the best way to ensure your PC has the required updates:
- Go to Settings after making sure that you are logged in.
- Tap on ‘About Chrome OS’.
- Select ‘Check for and apply updates’.
Below mentioned is the alternative guide to install Chromebook on your device.
- Access the Chrome Browser and tap the three vertical
- Open ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘About Chrome’.
- Update Chrome.
Step 2: Download KODI’s APK File
We have to download KODI also. If you do not mind take note of that Android applications accompany the APK expansions. We will utilize KODI’s legitimate site to download the required file.
- Access the KODI website and tap on the ‘Download’ button. Tap on the ‘Android logo’ afterwards.
- Choose the supported version, e. 32bit or 64bit.
It will be ideal if you note that, if for reasons unknown you cannot update your Chrome OS to the most recent form, there’s as yet an opportunity to run KODI. Be that as it may, you should download an older adaptation of this application. Here are the means by which you can download the older version:
- Access the KODI website and go the download section.
- Scroll down and find ‘Older Releases’ section. You will notice the supported OS and platforms.
- Choose Android and either choose ARM or ARM 64 versions.
- You will now encounter the list of supported files. Download one of the APK files on your Chromebook.
Step 3: Download Arc Welder
We have to utilize a device intended for engineers to install KODI on Chromebooks that don’t have the Play Store. This device is called Arc Welder. With regards to Chromebooks, Arc Welder goes about as a Chrome extension and additionally application. It is entirely gratis, and you do not need to be a developer to utilize it. Access the instrument and download it. Once done take after the means specified underneath:
- The first step will ask you to open the ‘Arc Welder’ on your device. Click on the ‘Plus’ icon afterwards.
- Now access the path where the KODI file is downloaded and open it.
- Voila! KODI is now fully accessible on your Chromebook. It might take some time to launch the application for the first time.
Step 4: Install KODI on Chromebook
The previously mentioned process is required in the event that you need to use Arc Welder to run KODI. This implies you will have to utilize this application each time you need to run this home theatre programming. In any case, there’s a more straightforward method to run KODI – and that is by transforming it into a KODI extension. Before proceeding, make sure you have followed the steps mentioned above.
Steps to follow:
Here’s how to transform KODI’s APK file into a Chrome Extension:
- Access Google Chrome and tap on the three vertical dots.
- Tap on ‘Extensions’ from the menu ‘More tools’.
- Now enable the ‘Developer Mode’ from the top-right corner.
- Tap on ‘Load unpacked extensions’ which is there on the top-left corner.
- Locate the KODI’s APK file, which was exported through Arc Welder. Once done, click on the file.
- Voila! Chrome will automatically import KODI and treat it as an extension.
This is the place we finish up our article on the most proficient method to introduce KODI on Chromebook. We trust that you figured out how to introduce this astonishing application, notwithstanding its completely working add-ons, skins, and builds.
In the event that you have anything to include, don’t hesitate to post a remark. We’re devoted to speaking with the group of KODI clients. Tail us on Facebook and Twitter for more updated articles.