It has been supposedly discovered that the issue ‘The Active Directory Domain Services is at present inaccessible ‘ continues happening with every single real brand of the printer like HP, Canon, and so forth. Be that as it may, a few clients say it is the Windows 8,8.1 and 10 blunder. When working with documents and printers, there frequently happen different issues concerning the last printing of the reports. The issue, notwithstanding, is more predominant while utilizing the MS Office segments be it exceed excel or word documents.
The minute you attempt to get a print out of the records, you discover the error saying ‘The Active Directory Domain Services is currently unavailable’; which implies that the printer has not been identified and accordingly the procedure cannot be completed further. There are a few techniques to settle this issue, yet we will begin with essential investigating as significantly all issue gets unravel by this progression as it were. On the off chance that it does not work at that point, we can continue with the primary strategies.
Then again, the issue does not happen while utilizing different applications for some obscure reason and the printer is effortlessly distinguished as well. On the off chance that you are asking why the blunder is predominant on account of MS Office segments just, the appropriate response is that users permission do not enable the printer to be recorded in MS Office because of which it cannot be identified either. There is several means and fixes you can take to dispose of this ‘service currently unavailable’ issue.
Basic Printer Troubleshooting
- Go to Windows Search and look for Troubleshoot.
- You will find ‘Printer’ under ‘Get up and running’ tab in Windows 10.
- Click on Printer and run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the steps mentioned, and hopefully, your problem will be resolved here itself. If not, please follow the methods discussed below.
Method 1: Using Registry Editor
We advise you to follow the steps mentioned carefully, as any wrong changes in the system setting could get your system affected. Additionally, it is advisable to have a backup of your device.
- In the Run command box, type ‘regedit’ and hit enter.
- Now follow the series of steps: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
- You now have to give ‘Full Control’ permission to each ‘Devices, PrinterPorts and Windows’ menu. Right click on each one of them, ‘Allow’ in the ‘full control’ option and click OK.
- Once done, restart your system and unplug the printer and install again. This will probably fix the error, and once you detect the printer on MS Office components, you can reverse the changes you made in the above steps.
Method 2: Restarting Print Spooler Service
- In the Run command box, type ‘services.msc’ and hit enter.
- Check whether Printer Spooler service is running or not. Make sure the startup type is also ‘Automatic.’
- If the default setting is not set to ‘Automatic’ then right click on the Print Spooler and open its Properties. Change it to ‘Automatic’ from there.
- Once all the settings are correct, stop and start the service again.
Method 3: Using Notepad
If you guys are skeptical about using the first method, then follow this method, as it is much more straightforward. All you need is Notepad.
- First of all, make sure you have closed all the Microsoft Office software.
- Now open Notepad and use Ctrl+P shortcut.
- Here, you could locate a tab ‘Find Printer.’ Open it and use the general steps which are followed to add the printer.
- In case of Network Printer, it will be available under Network.
- Once the printer is added, it will work correctly on all Microsoft Office software.
Presently you should not have any issue while printing your documents with MS Office or some other application. Assuming still, the problem happens, first, run the basic troubleshooting then the strategies. Experiment with the mentioned methods and let us know which technique works for you and deal with your issues in remarks.